Tuesday 1 November 2011

Blind Perspective #425

I smell the first fragrant Spring blossoms as they pop out of the newly inhabited ground, but I will never see the vibrant colors of flowers as they stretch across fields of green. I feel the searing rays of the sun sink into my skin on a hot Summers day, but I will never see the steaming mirage melting everything ahead on the road as I am driving. I hear the rustling of Autumn leaves as the bitter wind calls the geese southward. But I see no rich reds, yellows, or oranges abandoning the trees, leaving the bare limbs to fend for themselves as the frosty Winter approaches. I touch the chilling snow as it falls like an unwanted gift in clumps from the trees onto me, but I will never see how unhurried and graceful it lands on the frost encrusted ground. My other senses combine for one that I have lost. They let me see the world with no eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. This!!! AWESOME imagery! I like how you wrote about not being able to see, because it's cool how you described things without using sight.

    -Sydney Durrant P2

    ReplyDelete