Wednesday 2 November 2011

The perspective of an Irsh ship. By:Jake Pattison

All I see through my painted eyes in the early morning a fine mist coveringthe whole bay. I've been at bay for days on end, I've begun to think that my captian has left me to rot. But what is that I see coming through the mist? Is it my captian come to sail me acrost the Caribbean Sea? No it is not him it is only some little old homeless guy hobbling along like a drunk. My spirits fall like the waves in a storm. I begin to wonder if he was caught by the Royal Navy. He is a pirate lord after all.
All of a sudden I see him through my right eye. The part of the crew that left with him are running behind him as he scurries down the dock. Bang! I hear gun shots and some of the crew screach in agony. I watch as some of them stumble to the edge of the dock and fall off dead. I feel fear for my captian and wonder what he did wrong this time.
I hear the captian shout for the crew to man the cannons and to get Littl' Lassie's chain shot ready to fire. I feel the crews cold bare feet on my deck as they scurrie about to follow my captian's orders. Some of them lower the gang plank to let the crew run up. I hear another round of gun shots and watch as my captian screams in agony but keeps running.
I feel the gang plank shake and sway under the pounding of so many feet. My captian gives the order to fire the chain shot at the Navy men following behind him. I hear the boom and feel myself sway as the chain shot from Littl' Lassie jolts the cannon. My captian gives the order to get out of there as fast as the wind itself. The crew begin to ply my oars and get me away from the dock.
As we leave the harbor I hear a boom come from the distance. I look backwards to see a cannon ball falling towards us. I feel the splash of sea water as the cannon ball misses my aft by inches. I hear another boom but this time it came from the sky. I feel the wind start to pick up and a few splashes of water. But this time it's not from a cannon ball. I look up to see a thunder head aproaching as if the devil himself were after it.
I hear another boom but this time closer. Then I see the flash of light as the lighting hits the water a mile away. I hear another boom but yet again it's from the rear. I look back to see there is no way that the cannon ball can miss me. I feel a sharp stabbing pain as the ball goes flying through my aft cabin window and explodes.
I feel another stabbing pain but this time it's followed by a loud boom that was a lot like a hundred drums and cymbals all being played at once. This time though the pain is there to stay as I realize that my mast has lit on fire. Another boom sounds form the rear and this time I'm scared to look back. But a moment later as I feel the pain I realize that it has gone through my hold just below sea level.
I begin to realize that I'm about to die. I begin to worry if I didn't serve my captian well. I begin to worry if he will make it to the longboats in time or if he will go down with his ship. Just before I sink into the abyss I see that my captian is safe and that the storm has begun to calm. My final wish is that my captian who used me well will be safe when he returns to the main land and then, I sank into the eternal abyss of death.

1 comment:

  1. I love it considering the fact that it's mine. :)- Jake Pattison

    ReplyDelete