Tuesday 1 November 2011

Time Destruction By: #419

Think of a clock. "Tick, tick, tick, tick". When you hear the clock do you think of a grandfather clock in your living room? Or do you think of Big Ben just down the street? Or maybe you think of the clock in your History class telling you that you have ten minutes left to take the biggest and scariest test of the year (believe me, I know how that is)? Well when I hear the clock "tick, tick, tick"ing, I think of death. Yes, death. If you were smart, you wouldn't ask why or how. So to save you the effort, I will just tell you.




It started with a boy. Everything always seems to start with a boy. I think it's just natural that trouble starts after you meet a cute guy. I know what you are thinking. "How can a cute boy make me think of death?" Well, I'm getting there. First, you need to know the cute boys name. His name is Niko. I think it means "death" but I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it did. What Niko did to make me think of death when I hear a clock was, well, let me tell you.




It started on a Monday morning about 7:15 a.m. when I arrived at Starstrake High School for Genius Teens. When I saw Niko, I realized that I had never seen him before. Before I go on, there is one thing you need to know about my school. No one comes in the middle of the school year. No one. So when saw him, I was curious. Before I even realized, I was standing by Niko. "How did I get to him so fast?" I wondered, but when I saw Niko's face from behind his green locker, I didn't care how I got there. I just cared about talking to this new guy with blond hair and hypnotising blue eyes.


"Hello," Niko said to me as he closed his locker and turned the lock.


His voice sounded like a harmonic choir singing a peaceful song.


"Hey," I answered, my voice shaking.


He smiled. My heart skipped a beat. His smile was soft but sweet.


"Which class do you have first?" He asked.


Instead of answering, I blurted out "How long have you been here?"


Niko smiled and said, "I have been hear the whole year, Alli. Don't you remember?"


"I never told you my name."


He smiled maliciously. "Don't you know me, Alli?"


No comments:

Post a Comment