Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Pebble on the Side of the Road by #211

I sit on the road that borders the creek and the field of grass. Everything is quiet. Off in the distance a hear a faint rumbling. As the noise gets closer the ground starts to shake. A car is driving on the dirt road. The car is very large, but not as large as the blue skies. Four people step out of the car and onto the road. One started walking towards me.
He picked me up and said to his brother, see this is a good one, it's not too small or too big, and it's flat and smooth. As he put me in the pocket of his jacket he walked over to the shore of the stream. The pocket was warm and I felt safe inside. Then he took me out and got ready to throw me. I got nervous, i liked the pocket better than being out here. He threw me towards the stream in one smooth throw. It felt like I was flying. As I hit the surface of the water i skipped five times. Before I sunk I looked back at the boy by the shore, he looked very pleased with how many times I skipped. His smile made me happy. As I slowly drifted to the bottom I thought about where I would go next and what my next move would be in the game of life. I'm just a smooth, flat rock at the bottom of a stream, anything could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment