Wednesday 2 November 2011

The City That Never Sleeps by: #423


As I look out of the window in my studio apartment I see a city that is alive. The cars make a roar that is somehow relaxing. The lights in the city are like the clear night sky. It is breathtaking. The pollution in the air makes a ere blanket of mist that is lit by the car headlights. The Brooklyn Bridge is barely visible and looks like it never ends.
From up here the people are as busy as bees moving non-stop. New York has a skyline that is unlike any other. It is both glamorous and beautiful. It is hard to believe that at one o'clock the city is as noisy as ever. The car horns mixed with all the other noises sound like a symphony number that goes on forever. These are the times I stay up all night mesmerized by the city that never sleeps.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your imagery! Sure, the picture helped, but even without it, I could really picture the lights of New York in my mind - & I've never even been there! Great discription. :)

    -Sydney Durrant, P2

    ReplyDelete